Thursday, May 2, 2013

Brady at 15 months


I know a lot of you are wondering how an innocent little baby adjusts from life inside the womb, all warm and cozy and quiet to... well...

Us.

This was taken during Brady's first week of life.  I wondered then if he was already questioning God:  "Why me!  Why!  Why here?  With them?  Do you have any idea how loud it is in this place?  Look!  That one-year-old is jumping off the edge of the couch!  Get me out of here!"



After more than a year of observation, I'd like to report, regardless of Brady's first impressions of the Ellis family, he has adopted the "If you can't beat 'em join 'em" mentality.

The last month Brady has just come alive.  We have gone from having a baby to a toddler.

He has 8 teeth  --make that 12.  Between the writing and press time we have broken in four more molars (It's been super fun around here folks).

Brady started walking right around 14 months.

He now has a big boy haircut.

He jabbers a lot, I think he does it cause he's been feeling like he wasn't pulling his weight when it comes to keeping the decibel level up.

He's started getting mad when we don't understand what he wants.  The good news for him is that he can now communicate (decently) when he wants a drink of water.  That's always the point in my kid's lives when I feel they are going to make it.  When they don't have to rely solely on the hope that I will remember to give them a drink at some point during the day.  

He can say the names of all his family.  Favorite names are Daddy and Austie.  Once or twice he's said, "cracker" --I think he was referring to the food.

No problem ascending and descending the stairs.  He had that down months ago.

Favorite foods are fruit, cheese, tomatoes, avocado, soups, barbecue...  (He loves pork barbecue.  I've got to remind him he's from Texas, and make sure I never give him any sweet bbq sauce)

Finally, this child, more than any of my other kids, LOVES to climb.  He loves to dig into drawers and cabinets.  It's not unusual for me to see him walking around with a plastic pitcher from the kitchen or tweezers or nail clippers he's swiped from the top drawer in the bathroom.  He seems to have no fear.  Mike made a comment under his breath yesterday, something about me and paying for my raising.  I have no idea what he's talking about.






 

When I found Brady he was standing on the top of the stool holding onto the canned goods shelf.  He looked worried.  I'm not sure if he was upset that he couldn't find his favorite vegetable or if he was scared of the height and the fact that there was no safe way down other than Mom helping him.
 
 


 
He offered me some of his yogurt.  Well, it was actually Ty's yogurt that got left on the table. 
Waste not, want not.
 


 
Practicing his flying with Mr. D
 

 
We went to Faith's (our babysitter) track meet.  Everyone loved it.  When Faith was done with her event she stayed with us while we watched other athletes compete.
 
So yes, Brady has not only survived, but has joined the ranks of fun, loud curious boys.  We are enjoying him much.
 


 

No comments: