Thursday, July 8, 2010

Will you marry her?

My friend from childhood, Lauren, drove over to see me and meet Austin. We go way back. We used to eat dog food together. She was in my wedding, I was in hers, I have a picture of us from my 5th birthday party. The only time I have ever turned a watermelon into a basket, it was with her. We've both been spanked by Aunt Nancy. She was and always will be a true kindred spirit. Even as adults living in different towns, visiting about 3 times a year, we are very very alike.

We had a wonderful visit, even with all my crazies, I mean babies. Her daughter is 2 1/2 months older than Austin. We think they hit it off great.

I told baby girl that she didn't have to marry Austin, that she could chose from any of my sons.

Ok, so maybe there was a little prodding from the mamas...

I've thought how fun it would be if this picture ended up in the slideshow at their wedding reception. I mean, hey... it could happen.


But look, they got cuddly on their own.



Wow. She's friendly.... This may be a bit much. I think her dad was going to have a talk with her when they got home. And this one definitely would make the slide show.

Alright Justin and Lauren, don't want you to feel too much pressure but we are really counting on your parenting skills... "Train up a child in the way [she] should go and when [she] is old [she] will not depart from it."

1 comment:

Cinda Boshart said...

Aw, she looks like her mama!