Friday, June 17, 2011

Cards

"Mike, how about you addressing this card to your father, instead of me. It might be special to him to see it addressed in your handwriting."

Mike, slightly distracted by some air force work, answers: "sure."

I hang out in the kitchen with him, we'd just gotten the kids down and it was the beginning of a short amount of grown-up time. I'm messing around with something, not paying attention to Mike's progress on the card.

After 2 or 3 minutes he looks up, proud as can be, and says: "Check this out!"

I told him it was nice but I wasn't sure how I was going to MAIL it.

He got a little embarrassed...









We'll see what the post office does with it....




2 comments:

Katie Scott said...

So funny. Thanks for the laugh

Stan Boshart said...

haha! It's like when mike drew the thumbs up on the Bible you guys gave me a while ago. such an artist.