Sunday, November 29, 2009

Potty Training?


Apparently we are potty training.

The one year old.

Ty's been intrigued with Jack's ability to pee on command. He's been known to stand beside Jack at the toilet and watch. That's not weird is it? The kids got to learn about this sort of thing right?
Then he started pulling up his shirt and looking at his belly.
Next in his broken English, he'd say: "Go potty, go potty Mommy."
So we'd put him up to the toilet like Jack (He's stand on my feet in order to reach) and he'd just grunt and push... sometimes he'd pass gas. --That was really funny.
Then one day, a few drips came out.
Today, on the way home from Greenville, he told us he needed to go potty. We told him to go ahead and go in his diaper. We were on the road and didn't want to stop. He kept whining and telling us he needed to go pee-pee. Jack had to go too, so we pulled the car off the road. Mike and I exit the vehicle. Door simultaneously slide open. Out come the boys, we line 'em up on the side of the road. Mike has Jack, I have Ty. Jack does his business. Ty farts. Then, get this. He goes... and goes... he really had held it. His diaper was dry! This was a for real attempt at bladder control.
So.
I have no choice but to go with it.
I'll keep letting him think this is his idea and won't push it at all. I've got a feeling that he might decide to rebel after the new baby gets here. So I'm not going to let him think I care about where he does his business. Cause if I don't care why would he poop his pants to get back at me?
haha!
I feel like I'm one step ahead of the game...
today.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha!
Becca I just had time to catch up on your blog. Love this one.

Ty is growing up!!! I can't wait to see you guys. :)

-Hannah

Anonymous said...

I just wonder he's thinking - He looks very serious!
Mema