Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Smarter than yesterday


We've come off a weekend with no washing machine, awesome house guests, and a stomach bug  --I just realized it's Tuesday and we are still "Coming off the weekend."

So... it's been laundry day around here.  You might think this would be an uneventful sort of day.  You'd be wrong.   It's been work alright, but far from monotonous.  The interuptions were numerous.  But I'm learning that "the interuptions are my work."  --Mark Buchanan in The Rest of God.  -Good book.  I'd recommend it to you folks who have a hard time sitting down, want to follow Jesus and don't see the point in sabathing.  That books going to change my life one day. (I'm working on it).

Today has been a tiring day, but it seems to me, you learn the most on days like this.  Sometimes you learn you don't want to repeat the day.  Sometimes it's more.  Today it is more:

I learned:

A friend of mine is going to have another baby (You were right Rachel, I didn't know about that one.)

The 40lbs. of organic fruit I ordered for the month won't begin to cut it.  Maybe 80 pounds next month??

Jack's lunch was cheesy triangles that weren't as good as pizza.

Arkansasan's aren't that good at making quesadillas.

How to load and run a high efficiency washer.

That YouTube has some good videos on these "fancy" washers.

That Mike got selected to go to the weapons school!  Woo Woo!  Go Mike!

That I'll be single for at least 6 months next year.  More if he does the deployment he's slated for.

That it is possible to do laundry ALL DAY LONG and still go to bed with laundry piled all over the living room.  Good thing I don't mind doing laundry (serious).

And most importantly, James 1:18-20.  Let's see if I can quote it....

"My dear Brothers, take note of this, everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry.  For man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God requires.  Therefore let us flea from... no maybe... throw off every sin that... no.  Hold on.  Let us fix our eyes... that's not it....................... I don't know.  But it ends up with something about a "Word" that can save us.  Then it continues with the part about how we need to  not be deceived that just listening to the Word will save us, but instead listen and do what the Word says because if we don't, we are like a man who looks at his face in the mirror and then walks away and immediately forgets what he looks like...

Maybe I need to work on that a little more before bed.

No comments: