Thursday, January 20, 2011

Laundry today or naked tomorrow


Laundry.

If you do it regularly, no one will ever know you did it.

Your family will think that after everyone goes to bed at night the shirts head to the closet in search for the perfect hanger, the blue jeans amble over to the drawer, socks mate, and the undergarments cover themselves in the under ware drawer.

No one in my family would believe such a tale.

Yesterday Mike entered the living room holding matching white crew cut socks, one in each hand.

"I was overjoyed when I found these."

He's so sweet not to nag me when I fall behind on little things like making sure the family is clothed.

"Hon, I've been having a hard time finding socks lately."

"It's not just you," I reply, "It's the whole family."

"I'll be speaking on their behalf as well. ...I mean, I appreciate all the sanding you've been doing on the boy's bunk beds, but maybe you could take a break and do some laundry."

Message received.

I don't know what you were doing at 5:30 this morning, but I was up mating socks.

3 comments:

the nelsons said...

we're in the same boat!

and we are 1 load away from every article of clothing being clean!

until we wake up in the morning, that is. but i'll sleep good tonight.

Anonymous said...

hmmm interesting idea... instead of worrying about doing the laundry, mate the socks! Then they can have sock babies. Enough sock babies and you have a full sock drawer.

I think you just solved the laundry delimma!

~anissa

Cinda Boshart said...

Ya'll need to get sock clips!! Bec, you can have some of ours. Or maybe I'll just teach Mike about them. Saved my life.