Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas Auction

Christmas Auction


by Julie (Wichita Falls, TX)


Instead of getting gifts for each other, all of the adults in my family participate in our Christmas Auction. Each person brings a few small gifts or handmade items. We lay all of the items out and number them. Everyone gets the same amount of "Santa Bucks" - usually 20 or 30 depending on how many items there are to bid on. We take about 30 minutes to check out all of the items and write down what we want to bid on each one. When everyone has their bids ready, my mom "auctions" off each item. It is so much fun to see what item will be "hot" every year. We usually have a mystery gift (wrapped) to bid on. Some years it is a gift certificate and some years it is a gag gift. Christmas wouldn't be the same without the auction!
This just sounded like a fun idea. I thought I'd share. Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Dan, Ashleigh - Izzie and Levi said...

This is such a great idea!! I absolutely love it! I'm going to use that for a party next year.