Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Bubbles!


Brady had his first bubble bath today!  Austin got to join because Becca doesn't often purchase bubble bath.  We were trying to get the most out of it.  Before getting in the bath, I had Austin get on the potty.  We all know what boys do as soon as they get in the bath.  Girls probably do it too, but it's harder to prove.  Austin was soon cleared for entry into the tub.  Now the water will stay clean!

Both boys had fun examining, picking up and ultimately eating the bubbles.  They were all grins and giggles for most of the bath time.  As was I, I might add, for my big boys were downstairs cleaning the kitchen while I got to sit in front of the tub and watch my little ones squeal with delight.  I wished I had brought up my phone and gotten some video of the guys.  I was reminded of Jack and Ty when they were this age playing in the bathtub --only then no one was cleaning my kitchen while the babies were bathing.  Today was a win for Becca, no question.

After lots of play, the fun had to come to an end.  There is a bedtime in this house and it's not good if we don't observe it...there is a lot of fussing and whining if I don't get in bed at a reasonable time.

I drain some of the water out of the tub.  We still have four or so inches in the bottom of the tub.  Enough to keep Austin warm while I get Brady ready for bed.  I pull out Brady.  He is standing by the edge of the tub getting dried off when something dawned on Austin.  He looks up to me, his eyebrows furrowed and the tone in his voice confused and disappointed: "Where's my bubbles?" 

I break the news to him:  "I'm sorry Austin, bubbles don't last."  What a hard reality to face.  Being two is not easy folks.  It's not easy.  Sometimes it's downright hard. 

I continue (because we all know Becca can't stop with one sentence answers), "Bubbles pop and then they disappear.  We can't see them any more.  Sorry buddy."

He looks down at the water, lip sticking out, thinking about what I just said.  I kinda felt bad for the guy.

Just then we hear four measures of this tuba like sound coming from Austin's behind. He picked up his face, grins up at me and says: "Bubbles!"

I sooooo wish I had it on video.  It was too cute.

I take my other naked baby into the bedroom to get dressed and upon returning, find Austin ankle deep in a tub full of floaters.

Looks like someone got a little greedy for bubbles...

No comments: