Monday, November 10, 2008

Accountability

I have not been very disciplined lately when it comes to memorizing Scripture. So here is what I am going to do. First of all. I will not get on here and type meaningless things about my life until I have spent time reviewing and memorizing Scripture.

Fair enough?

Second. I am going to put the verses I am memorizing on here and let you all hold me accountable to knowing the verses.

For example. I type out my verse (as I will do in a moment), you read the verse and call me on the phone or email and ask me to quote it back to you. If you email me then I will email you back with the verse WITHOUT looking at it. If you call, well I am on the spot right there and will try to quote it back.

There is no prize for anyone who can stump me, and my hope is that my prize for memorizing the scripture will be life changing.

I am counting on you to help me. If you want to play along and memorize my verses too. I will happily call you and ask for your quotes.

I have decided to start in Ps. 119 as it is full of verses about how important the Bible is and how useful it is to life. Here I go!

I am memorizing the verses in the Living translation. This is how I will quote them.





Ps. 119:1-5
Happy are all who perfectly follow the laws of God.
Happy are all who search for God and always do His will;
rejecting compromise with evil and walking only in His paths.
You have given us your laws to obey
--Oh how I want to follow them consistantly.
*

No comments: