Sunday, February 15, 2009

Ahh! Sleep!

I feel better, just woke up from a nap. Ty could work for a hotel, being the "Wake-up call guy." He is so good at it. I would write him a letter of recommendation if he ever asked.

I have been so blessed yesterday and today by friends and family that have asked me how I was doing. Lots of you. For the rest that haven't asked asked but wonder:

I'm doing great. The last two days have been much like any other day. With the exception of having to carry more of a work load.

We are missing Mike's presence, but also missing the presence of

ANXIETY,
FEAR,
DREAD,
SELF-PITY and
LONELINESS.

They have been replaced by peace and contentment.

Before the last deployment, I did everything but rejoice. This time I have been able to look beyond myself and find the exit door at the pity party. I'm glad I left that place. It was lame!

I learned -through experience, I hate to say, how God really does mean what he says. On several issues. See how I could have missed that really bad experience the last deployment if I had just believed and obey this passage below:

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication,
with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;
and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding,
will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
See what I mean? Easy enough. Could have saved me 5 months of feeling yucky. (Four while he was gone and the month prior to his leaving).
Hopefully I can remember this the lesson the whole time Mike's gone.
I will start posting more frequently because Mike really likes to see what's going on. It is easier for me to share details of life when I can scrounge up a few minutes. It seems like there is always something going on when Mike calls and I can't focus enough to tell him detailed stories of the day. (Mike, keep calling me, I will still try to drop everything, but sometimes I just have to multi-task.)
Ty has finally made it to my lap. This whole time I have been posting he as been on the floor whining. He is one of my projects during this deployment. It's time for him to start obeying and not being so clingy.
This post is getting too long so I'll ramble more later.

3 comments:

Cinda Boshart said...

Bec, I'm so glad you're doing better this time! I love your new look here. Chris says for you to come home after Wednesday--she says how about Friday :-)

Mom

Feldman Family said...

Hey Girl!! I have to say your "new look" is fancy with a captial F!
I praise the Lord for all he is teaching you! I will be praying for you...the boys...and that you will be able to minister to other women sharing what the Lord is teaching you!

~Shannan

Anonymous said...

Hey Bec,

Sounds like everything is going swimmingly (yes that is a word). Miss you lots and love the new layout!

-Mike