Thursday, June 11, 2009

Technical difficulties

I have a new warning label idea for the people who sell thumb drives:

***Do not leave your thumb drive plugged into your USB port on your computer as one-year-olds could possibly use it as a step. This could result in ruining your thumb drive, bending the USB port inside the computer, and corrupting something on your hard drive***

Don't ask me how I came up with this suggestion.

Or do.

The answer: Ty.

How do you fix it?

The answer: Eric Hutchinson.

He took the whole computer apart trying to figure out the problem. Then he tested the power supply at his house. Wasn't the problem. He plugged my hard drive into his computer to see if it was still working. It had several corrupt files on it, we think his computer somehow fixed them, because when he put it back together for me and tested it (just for kicks), it worked.

Wow.

It was a stressful afternoon.

Ty's name was mud.

The reason it was a little tense was because my Mom is here spending the week using my fast Internet (online class) and has lived on the computer. She was going to have to go home since I didn't have the computer.

But, Eric saved the day.

Thank you, thank you, thank you Eric for spending your entire evening helping us out.

First thing this morning I went to Walmart and bought an external hard drive. Now all my pictures and music and documents are backed up. Whew.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I am taking time on my lunch break to NOT do school or work and instead rest. I thought reading your blog would be nice so that you would know that I do read your blog when I get a chance. So glad you got an external hard drive. Glad Eric was able to save Ty from the shame of forever being the one who broke the computer. :)

beccaellis said...

Ty's name is clear... for the time being.