Thursday, July 30, 2009

It might be the only time

It rained a lot last night and while I was driving the boys to Mother's Day Out (MDO) this morning, we came to a huge puddle in the road.

I saw it ahead and called the boys names out:

"Jack, Ty, look at this huge puddle we are going to go through."

Both boys lean to look around the seats and see the puddle.

I drove through it and water splashed everywhere, making that low rumble as it hits the bottom of the car. It was a long puddle and lasted maybe 3 seconds, which, if you count it out, is a good while to be in a single puddle.

We got through it and onto dry ground again.

Jack says:

"Cool Mom. That was cool."


It was one of the few times in my life that I will be considered "cool" by my sons.

I embraced it.

In the best, "yes, I know I'm cool" voice I could come up with, I nodded my head and simply said:

"Thanks."

No comments: