Monday, October 20, 2008

HOME!

About to leave the house to get Daddy
He's home! I was planning on meeting him w/o the boys, because it was so early, but right as I was walking out the door, Jack came down the stairs. I asked him if he wanted to come with me to get Daddy and he said "Go get Daddy?" So He came with me. He smiled when he saw his Dad and was not very shy. He walked to him and gave him a hug.
All of us.
Mike and Jack racing to the car.
Sarah Beth finding Tim for the first time. (Sarah is a good friend of mine. We have been waiting out the deployment together.)

Ty seeing Daddy. Mike was shocked to see how much Jack and Ty had changed.

Ty checking this new dude out.

They warmed up to each other after a few minutes.

Well, it's 9:15 and we have the day ahead of us. Not sure what's going to happen, except a nap. Ty kept me up most of the night. I think I slept 3 uninterupted hours -not consecutive.

Mike slept some on the plane. He stopped in Ireland and Bangor, ME before getting home. Jack is doing very well with Mike. He showed him all his cars and then they played "Rock'n Roll All Night." They are back to being buddies.

Nothing left to do but the park.

4 comments:

Dan, Ashleigh - Izzie and Levi said...

YEA!!!! I'm so excited for you guys! It's over . . . again. :) I hope you guys really enjoy these next few days. Will Mike be off?

laura kate. said...

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! Mike is HOME! I cant wait to see all of you!

Cinda Boshart said...

I'm so happy Mike's home!!! Ya'll have fun and enjoy each other. Mike, it'll be great to see you this weekend!

Praise God from whom all blessings flow~

Anonymous said...

Oh, Becca, I'm so happy for you!! Oh, and of course for Mike, too....I suppose I just naturally tend to identify with the mommy who just made it through a long deployment. I want you both to know that I genuinely appreciate the many sacrifices your family is making to keep my family free. Glad you're back together again!