Thursday, October 16, 2008

Time out

When I went upstairs to check on Jack after a nap, this is what I saw. He had all his cars lined up.

Why do boys do this?

Grant did it all the time.

Do girls line up their toys? If Boys do it because they like order then why are their rooms so messy? Any ideas?



Here is a close up.


Mike has gotten on this site and started reading about life back in the Good 'Ole USA.

"Hi Mike!" So I am going to post lots of picture so he will be able to see what his kids are doing. Oh, Mike, while your here. We need to talk about Jack. He got in trouble at MDO today and Mrs. Amy had to put him in time-out. Then, he wouldn't stay in the chair for her, so she had to go get Mr. Guy. (this is like going to the principal) Mr. Guy talked to him and then he went back into the room and sat in the time-out chair. Amy said she had no more problems with him. He also went right to sleep at nap time so maybe he was "just tired."

Mr. Guy and I talked and he thinks that he is missing his Dad. He needs someone to put the fear into him. I kiss him too much for him to be that afraid of me ;-)

Well, talk to ya'll all later!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is pretty neat about lining up the cars. Sounds like a military family, everything in its spot. This Mike guy you talk about sounds like an awesome guy! I bet he rocks!

beccaellis said...

Mike, did you write this???

Cinda Boshart said...

Mike IS an awesome guy, whoever you are and I can't wait for him to be home with his family.

Anonymous said...

Becca, Brady still does this all the time with his cars and he is almost 5. I felt like I was looking at a little Brady. Brady will even get upset if you pull one car out of line or move it over to another spot. He has it "just so."

My thought is this: He does like order but it is HIS order and not mine. I will go in there after he is supposedly cleaning his room and I notice all these little piles. He is so proud of his clean up job that it makes me think...where did I go wrong? However, on closer inspection, he has organized all the things he likes to play with together. He has a little trophy for Awanas, his cars and several other little items and he wants to keep them all together because he uses them to play "car show." So he has organized them in such a way to do it again next time:)
At least we are not alone in this drama of life:)