Wednesday, October 22, 2008

New normal.

Ahh. These last three days have been so very very nice. Jack has been so happy. You can just tell that his whole spirit has lifted. We haven't seemed to skip a beat with this transition. Sometimes returning from a deployment can be hard on everyone, but it is not the case this time. Jack started playing with and talking to Mike right off. Ty is just happy not to have to be neglected as often.

I feel like it's Christmas :-) Mike has been helping with the boys and with meals, it has made it much easier on me. I have even taken 2 naps in the last three days. -AND they got to be as long as I wanted, I didn't have to wake up after 30 mins. to take care of the boys. Wow! Life is great.

This is Mike taking Jack potty for the first time ever. We potty trained while Mike was gone.



See how Mike scooted back to make sure he didn't get shot at? He is always having to watch out for that. Here or away.


His crew will probably get the "Iraq Campaign Metal" because they were "engaged" (Someone shot a rocket at them.) Something that is not always a given for the cargo guys in the AF. Yikes! But, that's war for ya...

Enough of that. The Ellis's are heading for G-town today or tomorrow to visit the folks and Mike and I are going to the DALLAS COWBOYS game on Sunday.
Look for us in the nose-bleeds.

Here is a picture of our house and the boys out playing. I don't know if I have posted one yet.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your porch is amazing!

Dan, Ashleigh - Izzie and Levi said...

That is so amazing that Mike is there to help now. You're making me look forward to Dan coming home after the next deployment. I can't believe how big Ty is getting! And the house looks GREAT!! I can't wait to come visit again.