Saturday, October 11, 2008

Soon




My favorite joke of all time:

" Q: What did Henry say when he put his pet snake into the food processor?

A: It won't be long now "


I don't know why that tickled me so much when I heard it, about ten years ago. I think it was on a piece of laffy taffy...

But that's how I'm feeling today "IT WON'T BE LONG NOW!"

Mike told me yesterday that he would be coming home (he thinks) a week from Monday... at... 6:00 AM

I told him to collect his bags and I'd be there after I woke up. :-)

I am hoping that doesn't throw off Jack even more, because it can be a hard transition for children to see Daddy again after a long period of time. At 6 AM it is still very dark. It doesn't even start getting light until 7:15 ish. Trust me, I know I'm up every morning to greet the sun. (Thanks Ty!)

So I don't know how he'd do being whisked off at 5:45 to go meet Daddy in the pitch black. I'm hoping Lindsey will come stay the night with us and keep the boys home while I go greet the heros.


Today the boys and I went to the Walls house and told Jared and Regina "goodbye". sniff sniff.

I am sad that I won't see them for several months. We sent them off with muffins, cookies and fruit for their long long long plane ride. They will report in tomorrow at 5:30.

Why does the Air Force make everyone get up so early. Heck, this ain't the marine corp! It's the "chair force". (no offense).

But really, that was a joke. These guys and girls work hard to keep you and I safe. There is much sacrifice going on to preserve your freedom, and it ain't just the active duty member.

I have just posted the word "ain't" twice. Wierd.

I guess that's all I've got.


If you were planning on bringing dinner to my house to help me out while Mike is gone, then you need to hurry.

Only 9 more days!

No comments: