Friday, October 31, 2008

JACK (and Ty) -O-Lantern

Yesterday I bought another pumpkin. It had been marked down to 2.99 so I thought we'd have fun carving it into a JACK (and Ty) -O-Lantern.

So that is what we did this morning.

During Ty's AM nap we went out on the front porch and took a drill, a paring knife, a steak knife and some tool you are supposed to use when you fish.

This is what the process looked like:









Tonight we are having our neighbors over to eat hot dogs on the driveway (Poulter 2007) Sorry. I felt like I should site that since it was Emily's brain child. She called me and told me to do it. I think this is her third year to throw this kickin party.

Jack is going to be a train engineer tonight when he goes trick'or'treating. We went shopping yesterday for his outfit. Apparently that is a little late because of the FOUR stores we went to we only found ONE costume in his size. Thank goodness it wasn't wonder woman.

1 comment:

Cinda Boshart said...

Bec, so is the style of your jack-o-lantern reminiscent of Jack's little illness this week? Did he look like that?! Great job, by the way.

I'm proud of ya'll for hosting the neighborhood. Bet it was fun and such a neat way to meet your duplex-mate!

Mom