Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Prayer for our Children


I've decided in the last few days that I want to revamp my prayer life. I will now be intentionally setting time aside for prayer -as opposed to very few, short moments while I am engaged in at least one other task. It is foolish not to use this power we have been given.

"The fervent prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective." -James 5:16

Here is my plan. I am coming up with a "mission statement" prayer. I'm sure there is a better title for that... I want to have written down a specific prayer for: my children, my marriage and my life. Here is my first one:


Father,

Thank you for entrusting us with these children. I pray that you would guide Mike and I as we raise them to follow after you. Protect their spirits and minds from the evil ones. Help them to grow daily in their knowledge of you. Reveal yourself to them that they will know that you are God and will see their need for a savior. Save their souls. Never stop pursuing them. Show them your love. Teach them how to love you with their whole hearts. Help them to be kind, gentle, self-controlled, patience, humble, trustworthy, bold, responsible and respectful. Teach them about sacrifice. Encourage them when they stumble and show them mercy when they fail. Protect their spouses. Give them wisdom and control over their emotions. Make them warriors for you. Use these children to draw people to yourself. Guide them every step of their life as they follow after you.

1 comment:

Cinda Boshart said...

Beautiful. I'll join you in this prayer, Bec.